A: Treatment could include the following:
- Medication applied to the site
- Clove oil technique
- Gauze with medication
- Additional home care instructions
- Applying topical anesthetic
- Alvogyl by Septodon
Patients usually notice pain relief in about 5-10 minutes after the dressing is applied.
We have experienced fewer cases of dry socket since every patient is asked to rinse with an antimicrobial mouthwash and each patient is instructed on how to care for their extraction site through our website, verbal instruction and home care instruction handouts. We highly recommend patients use Breath RX in their daily oral hygiene routine to help control oral bacteria.
Continue these instructions for the next 3-4 days:
- Good oral health care
- Avoid food with any residuals i.e. popcorn, peanuts and pasta
- Eat soft foods i.e. mashed potatoes, clear or cream soups, pudding