A: This applies to General Anesthesia, Sleep Sedation (IV Sedation).
- You may not have anything to eat or drink (including water) for eight (8) hours prior to the appointment.
- A responsible adult must accompany the patient to the office and drive the patient home.
- The patient should not drive a vehicle or operate any machinery for 24 hours following general anesthesia (sleep sedation).
- Please wear loose fitting clothing with sleeves which can be rolled up past the elbow, and low-heeled shoes do not wear white clothing.
- Contact lenses, jewelry, and dentures must be removed at the time of surgery.
- Do not wear lipstick, excessive makeup, or nail polish on the day of surgery.
- If you have an illness such as a cold, sore throat, stomach or bowel upset, please notify the office.
- If you take routine oral medications, please check with the surgeon prior to your surgical date for instructions